“It is only through giving back to the world that one attains
true fulfillment and happiness”
Helping people, spreading the wealth and giving a ‘hand up’ is an important part of our culture. We are inspired by Steve Job’s mantra: The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the one who do .
Whilst we might not be changing the world in big ways, each input has a ripple effect.
That’s why we give back in a variety of modes.
Plan International Australia: (Chairperson, International Day of the Girl Adelaide Committee 2016 – current).
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation which works in 71 countries across world, to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Since taking on the Chairing role, as a committee we have:
- raised the profile of the event and issues that impact on girls and women, particularly in developing countries. Funds go to “Because I Am A Girl” campaign
- increased our attendance by almost 100% over two years
- taken the event from a break even to a substantial profit in 24 months
Volunteering SA & NT (Deputy Chairperson 2013 – 2015)
- Volunteering SA & NT is a not-for-profit organisation and the peak body for volunteering in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
Australian Conservation Foundation (National Policy Chairperson and State Councillor 2006 -2010)
- The Australian Conservation Foundation (ACF) is Australia’s national environmental organisation. It has been a powerful voice for the environment for more than 50 years.
Development Policy Advisory Committee (DPAC) (State Committee member 2005 – 2007)
- DPAC is a statutory body established under South Australia’s Development Act 1993 (the Act). It provides independent advice to the Minister for Planning.
South Australian Tall Poppy Campaign Committee (Deputy Chair 2005 – 2007)
The Tall Poppy Campaign was created in 1998 by the Australian Institute of Policy and Science (AIPS) to recognise and celebrate Australian intellectual and scientific excellence.